Daytime Volunteer Options
Individuals that volunteer on an on-going basis during STEP’s office hours are critical to supporting the daily service needs of St. Louis Park families. In order to best support these on-going needs, we do ask that volunteers during STEP’s office hours make a commitment of volunteering on a weekly basis for at least 6 months. Volunteers do assist in various areas of STEP–the most common roles are listed below although STEP is always open to talking about how your talents and skills can meet needs for our organization.
Please note: All volunteers must be at least 18 years old to help during STEP’s office hours.
- 4 hr. shifts: answers phone calls, greets clients and checks them in for their food shelf appt., greets donors and accepts donations
Food Shelf Volunteer
- 4 hr. shifts: sorts food donations, stocks the shelves in the food shelf, packs up groceries for clients (must be able to lift at least 10 lbs)
Clothes Closet Volunteer
- 2-3 hr. shifts: sorts clothing donations, staffs the Clothes Closet and assists clients in finding their clothing needs
- hours vary: drives SLP individuals from their home to medical appointments or drives clients in to STEP to get their groceries
Data Entry Volunteer
- 2-4 hr. shifts: enters donations to STEP and volunteer hour information into STEP’s database, supports other office needs
To begin the process of becoming a volunteer, please download, fill out and save the STEP Volunteer Application Form. Then, please “attach” it to an email addressed to allison@STEPslp.org. Within a few days, someone will contact you to schedule a Volunteer Interview. Please note that the process to begin an on-going volunteer shift may take up to 4 weeks.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for STEP!